Friday, May 15, 2009

Hygrometer: Back on track

I've explained what has happened to my humidity sensor (SHT11) due to an accident in one of my previous posts. I told the same story to S*nsirion and they were kind enough to send 'four' of them, couriered to my doorstep, free of charge. Wow, what a company. So, thanks to them, I'm back on my project once again. I soldered the new one to the same board and attached it to my Altimeter. Surprisingly, PIC16F88 could handle both sensors in its 4k code space. Actually it used only 80% so 20% is left for some improvements.

Here it is in action;



It shows temperature, relative humidity, atmospheric pressure and height from sea level.

If you could refer my previous photo of the hygrometer, the reading was around 62% and that was in January. After 5 months, the reading is 76% for the same temperature. This explains the hot humid condition we are experiencing currently.

I have to format the output in a suitable way which I'm working on currently. At the same time, I must think a way to use the other three sensors too...

No comments: